Monday, March 30, 2015

Painting Drama 2 - New Horizons Pt. 2

One of the biggest challenges in Painting Drama 2 is painting an entire color script. It was hard, so hard that I forgot I was painting. I forgot to let my hair down and just discover things.
In the previous post, I talked about how I learned to let go of perfectionism. Well. During the color script weeks, I forgot that lesson.

I think as artists, and maybe even as humans, we can forget the things that ease stress on ourselves.

So, I focused on all the wrong points for the color script, like local color and accuracy. And it turned out...well... not the best. I should have focused more on story, lighting, and mood.

But I didn't.


Overall, the script was a let down and a very hard letdown. But it wasn't a failure. It was a wonderful learning experience. And that learning experience shows with what I did for the assignment after the color script.


This was the Time of Day project. After a huge challenge of a color script, these seemed like a breath of fresh air. I was reminded, once again, to let go and paint, to try new things.

The unicorn is about to enter a forbidden and treacherous land. A land where unicorns have never returned. Had Chris allowed it, I would have considered these my best works of Painting Drama 2.

But he didn't.

There was one final assignment and, I have to admit, it's one of the best pieces I've ever expressed. I'll go more into detail for that in Part 3 (the final part)! So stay tuned!

Have any questions? Feel free to post in the comments
or find me on facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment